Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Counting Down the Days!

Over the weekend I had a two day swim meet at Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT. We drove down early Saturday morning. The teams that were there included Wesleyan, WPI, Trinity, Hamilton and Fairfield (Diving only). For diving, we were supposed to compete 11 dives on one meter on Saturday and 11 dives on three meter on Sunday. When we got there, Wesleyan said that since Fairfield is D1 (D1 only competes 6 dives) and the one Wesleyan diver only knows 6 dives, we could only do 6 dives on each board and we could compete all of them on Saturday. It was very unprofessional and selfish that the Wesleyan coach did that because it's no one but his own fault that his diver doesn't know 11 dives. He shouldn't be penalizing everyone else for his problems. Oy vei. I hate selfish coaches and I don't really want to go back next year. On sunday it was decided that we were going to compete the other 5 dives on each board. Diving was supposed to start at 11, with a 9:30 warm up. Clark was there at 7:45 to cheer on all of our miler swimmers! At 11:15 when I asked what time we were starting, the Wesleyan Diving Coach said that we couldn't start until my coach got there. Which is ridiculous in itself because there only needs to be three judges to compete, and there were three coaches there. My coach got there at 11:25 and the head coach of my team was livid with the other diving coaches. I ended up being the first one in the pool at 10:30, so when we weren't allowed to compete because the other teams divers were "too tired" from practicing all morning, I was livid. It was such bullshit and the other teams should be ashamed because their coaches were extremely lazy and all they could think about was themselves. Gosh, it makes me so mad. Come on, you're on an athletic team, it's your responsibility to compete. Anyways, that sucked. I did get two new high scores on both boards on Saturday though! Ah! They also messed up the scoring. TWICE. How hard is it too multiply and add? Oh yeah, it's not. So...basically my diving coach drove all the way to CT for nothing on Sunday. This fiasco took so friggen long, that we had to race to get back to Clark in order to get back in time for my warm up for the recital. The recital went really well. I was super nervous because it was the first time my dad and friends has ever heard me sing. ah! But it went really well, so I'm very happy about that! After that my took me and my best friend out for Chinese. YUMMMMM. 


That night, I spent hours upon hours in the dark room printing pictures! I hope they come out great for my final tomorrow! I also printed a picture for my dad for Chanukah! I can't wait to give it to him! He is going to love it! I'll post a picture when I give it to him! 


Yesterday, I finished printing some pictures and went to my classes. It's the last week of classes! Yippie! In Jewish Pop Culture we spent the first hour talking about what we plan to do after college and what our parents expect of us in college. The second hour we talk about the reading. And the third hour we segwayed into discussing great TV shows. haha. Speaking of which, a lifetime move was being show at Clark on Sunday. I'm not sure which one, but...... the school is called Gamble College. Keep an eye out for it in the future! Last night was a relatively low key kind of night at practice. We just went through our optionals. I got down almost an hour early! While I was waiting for everyone else to be done, I ran to Living Earth and bought some coconut flour to make doughnuts for my class tomorrow! When everyone else was done, we went to Moe's. YUM. It's so good. haha. Then we went to Michael's arts and crafts. One of the girls on the WPI diving team made me this wonderful shirt, that I will post a picture of soon, that has a diver on the front and says "SMACK THAT" on the back. It's so great and I think everyone else is jealous because they all want one too! And.... I love the craft store, so that was great! I think that I am doing craft night on Friday with the divers from WPI! Yay!


This morning I watched last night's episode of Hart of Dixie. How cute was it? Now that Zoey realizes things can't happen with George Tucker, she has seen the light in Wade Kinsella. Is Wade a hunk or what?
"Hairdos and Holidays"-- Pictured (L-R) achel Bilson as Dr. Zoe Hart and Wilson Bethel as Wade in HART OF DIXIE on THE CW. Photo Credit: Scott Alan Humbert/The CW©2011 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Zoey and Wade after the Cinnamon Cider pageant


Now I'm just counting down the days until break! Only a few things that need to be completed before I can go home!


Art History Presentation
Kitchen Chemistry Research Paper
2 batches of doughnuts
Kitchen Chemistry Presentation
Photography Final
Art History Final Paper
Jewish Popular Culture Final Paper
Art HIstory Final 
Kitchen Chemistry Take Home Final 



No comments:

Post a Comment