Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Bit in Love

Today was a good day, a little stressful, but overall, pretty good. It started off with my 9am vocal warm up because today we had our formal workshop in the music department! The formal workshop is where we preform one or two of the pieces that we have been working on all semester! Today I only had to sing one piece, which was super relieving because I'm not totally confident with the words for 'Die Forelle,' by Schubert. The song that I sang today was 'A Little Bit in Love' from the musical 'A Wonderful Town,' by Leonard Bernstein. I'm in love with this song. I was feeling a mix of confidence and nervousness! In addition to loving the song, I also loved the outfit I was wearing! I wore one of my favorite 3/4 length sleeved black dresses from the Gap with a gold headband and a braid. I had on black heals (and boots from Old Navy for the museum) and a necklace my mom gave me that is gold and it says 'War is not healthy for children and other living things.' I messed up the words and went a little sharp during the performance, but I pushed through and finished wonderfully. Although I was beating myself up about messing up, I feel really good about what I did today. I have made so much progress over the past year. I'm very happy. I was a little flustered because the workshop started at 11:30 and I usually have class until 11:40, but obviously today was the day that my professor had us go to the museum and we didn't leave until 11:50. So I rushed to get back and as soon as I walked in the door, they were like, "You're up next!" AH! I was soooo nervous. 
Afterwards, I had lunch with my friend Ben. He's a character. Then I basically went to the science library and finished my lab and started to work on the second draft of my research paper on Celiac Disease for my Kitchen Chemistry course. While I was working on my paper, my voice teacher texted me and told me that I made it into the formal recital, which is an honor to get in to because it is invitation only. I literally let out a little squeal! I can't wait. I invited my parents and my acapella teacher from high school! Hopefully they will be able to come! Then, at diving practice tonight, I got 2 new dives on the three meter board, in addition to the new position I got yesterday on 1 meter and the new dive I got on Tuesday on 1 meter! On Tuesday I got an inwards somersault on 1 meter. Yesterday I changed my inwards dive on 1 meter from tuck to pike position (go to :53 seconds). Today I did a reverse dive straight and front 1 1/2 tuck on 3 meter! It was such a great day!


I love this bow. I think I'll wear this hairstyle tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment