Sunday, November 27, 2011

Better Late than Never!

Sorry I haven't written in a while! It's been so crazy out here between getting ready for finals, end of semester papers and presentations and of course the holidays! Let's see... where to start!?


For diving, I got an Inwards 1 and 1/2 tuck on one and three meter! It was super exciting! My coach told me to throw my inwards sumi on one meter like I throw my front 1 and 1/2. I did, and it ended up being an inwards 1 and 1/2!!! It was so exciting! Once I did it a few times on one meter, I got to bring it upstairs to three meter! I'm so excited to work on it this week so I can compete it this weekend at the Cardinal Invitational at Wesleyan University! This meet is an overnight! I can't wait! It'll be a bonding experience! Woo!


Last weekend a couple of my girls and I went to out for froyo (frozen yogurt) at Wooberry and Yoway which are relatively new! I had never gotten anything at either place! I ended up having an allergic reaction to the sorbet at Wooberry and was sick for the rest of the weekend and the beginning of the week. :( It was really unfortunate especially because my mom came on Sunday to take me shopping!


I got a super cute jacket at Ann Taylor Loft! It is black and it is a super nice wool material! I absolutely love it! Other than that, I didn't buy anything else. But I did get to use my new credit card! Woohoo! My mom and I went out for lunch at T.G.I. Fridays. That was good! For dinner we went to Panera. Oh! I almost forgot, I did buy something else! As I told you all before, my aunt is adopting a little girl from Russia! For my aunt's birthday which is coming up in a few weeks, I am making her an adoption baby book! I hope it'll be really cute! I can't wait to meet my new cousin! :) When I got back to school that night, I had a HUGE headache and my stomach was killing from the allergic reaction the night before. Agh. I wanted to die. But my roommates were really good.


Monday morning I was going to try to go to class, but my stomach hurt way too much and I just felt like complete crap. :( It sucked. I ended up going home early and missing three classes. I felt really awful about it, but I was sick and I wouldn't have been able to concentrate, so it was probably for the best because now I can get the notes and such when I am in a better state. And, it was the first time I missed class all semester. I ended up going home and my mom took care of me and made me food. I lied on the couch and watched tv. It was great. I went to bed real early and just hung out. On Tuesday morning, my mom left for Texas for Thanksgiving. I was feeling a lot better, so I went out and did some holiday shopping. It was good! My friends and I are doing a secret santa! Once we exchange gifts, I'll let y'all know what everyone gets! I also got some cute underwear for the girl's swim team holiday panty exchange. Yay! Also, The Marshalls and Homegoods in Salem, NH was having a HUGE sale on Vera Bradley items! I bought a coupon holder with a notepad in it in the He Loves Me pattern. It must be a super old item because I can't find it on the website! Strange!


On Wednesday my dad and I drove to Hamden, CT to see my family for Thanksgiving! On the way, we stopped at one of my favorite stores, IKEA!!! It was so great. I love all of the organizational items and the rooms they have set up are always super cute! Here are some of the items we bought!
BYGEL Wire basket, silver color Length: 13 " Width: 3 7/8 " Height: 3 7/8 "  Length: 33 cm Width: 10 cm Height: 10 cm
Bygel wire basket, silver color
BYGEL Rail, silver color Length: 21 ¾ " Height: 2 "  Length: 55 cm Height: 5 cm
Bygel rail, silver color
GRUNKA 4-piece kitchen utensil set, stainless steel
Grunka 4 piece kitchen utensil set, stainless steel
BYGEL S-hook, silver color Height: 2 3/4 " Package quantity: 10 pack  Height: 7 cm Package quantity: 10 pack
Bygel S-hook, silver color
DROPPAR 3-piece oil & vinegar set, frosted glass, stainless steel
Droppar 3 piece oil and vinegar set, frosted glass and stainless steel


DROPPAR Spice jar, frosted glass, stainless steel Diameter: 2 " Height: 4 " Volume: 3 oz Package quantity: 2 pack  Diameter: 5 cm Height: 9 cm Volume: 9 cl Package quantity: 2 pack
Droppar spice jars, frosted glass and stainless steel

When we got to my Aunt's house, my cousins were there! My cousin has twins who are three and one half! One boy and one girl. They whined and screamed a lot, but they are sooooo cute! That night, I went out with a couple friends from school and one of their home friends. It was fun! We went to the Starbucks in Stratford! On Thanksgiving, my dad and I went to go see one of our family friends. Her daughter was home on leave from the Navy! It was so nice to see them because I haven't seen them in over a year! It was so crazy! We took lots of pictures! Once she sends them to me, I'll have to put them up! Thanksgiving with my family was great. Lots of delicious food! We had stuffed steak! Yum! There was also Cohen stuffing (Ritz crackers), sweet potatoes with marshmallows and pecan pie. ah. yes. That night my dad and I went to our cousins house for dessert and drinks. I played board games with some of my cousins and their friends.....it's tradition!

On Friday my dad and I went to a few stores. Nothing too crazy and we didn't get up early! haha. I did that a couple years ago with my mom and that was enough for me! Especially because there is sales tax in Connecticut! We went to Bon Ton where my dad got a couple pairs of sweat pants and I got a set of Pyrex mixing bowls with lids for $10! Then we went to Staples where my dad got a new monitor for his computer. Lastly we went to Best Buy. Surprisingly, it was not that crowded! I got two seasons of friends! It was very exciting! Seasons 3 and 4. Now I'm just missing season 5-8. I LOVE Friends. I was introduced to it by my now ex-boyfriend B and my best friend at school M. It's just so wonderful and timeless! After shopping we said our goodbyes to my family and we headed back to Mass! I just hung out and at night I went to my friend H's for a bonfire with her family and then headed to Andover for a bonfire at S's. It was so nice to see people! On Saturday I went to the library and attempted to do some work, but failed miserably! The town Santa Parade was going on down town right outside the library, so I decided to go do a few errands before lunch with H, E and P at Panera! The sports store in town, Thunder, is going out of business so everything is 70% off! I got a pair of sneakers, speedo bathing suit, green red-sox hat and athletic knee socks for $24.95. It was SO good. E met me there. I went and did a few errands with her and then we had lunch with H and P. On my way home I stopped at my neighbor's house. She just had a baby on Nov. 6. He is super adorable! Ah! I got to hold him and it was the most precious thing ever! 

That night I went out to a bar in town, Jamie's. It was my first time there. It was really nice! I saw some teachers from my high school there, so that was a little weird, but it was alright. E, P, and S were there watching the Bruin's game. Woo!!! Then a bunch of our friends came and met up. It was so fun! I also saw the boys that live next door there! It was great! One of the guys at the bar was trying way to hard to get my friend S. We were like... "Bro. What are you doing?" Oy. I hate that haha, but I guess I can't hate a guy for trying! Afterwards we went to J's house for a bonfire and by the time we got there, there were already a bunch of people! It was great! It's always nice to see people and catch up when you haven't seen them in a while! I didn't get in until 1:30 or so. It was a late night for being in NA!

Today I came back to school for practice at 2 and then I ate dinner and watched Sister Wives with my roommate! I went to the library and finished a rough draft of my art history paper! It's so nice to finally have that done! And I just checked my planner and I don't have my three hour class tomorrow!!!! YIPPIE!!!! More time for homework haha. 

Well everyone! I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving and weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment