Sunday, November 13, 2011

First Post!

This week has been the most wonderful week! So many excellent things have happened! I don't know where to begin! Let's see.... On Monday I found out that I'm going to have a new cousin! My aunt is adopting her from Russia!!! She is three years old and her new name is going to be Janea-Rose. I am so excited to meet her! My aunt is going to Russia for her final interview tonight!!! My thoughts are with her. She is going to make such an excellent mother!

On Tuesday my swim and dive team did our fourth annual, Hour of Power. This is a program with the motto "Leave it in the Pool." It raises money and awareness for Sarcoma research. Sarcoma is a rare soft-tissue cancer. More than 7,200 swimmers and divers participates this year! Not only did it feel so rewarding to participate in this memorial for Ted Mullin, but the program motto gave my team inspiration for improving! Read more about what the Clark Cougars did here. After the hour of power, it was a successful day for all of the divers, Clark and WPI alike! I got three new dives! On 3m and 1m, I finally got my reverse somersault. The reverse on 3m was the final dive that I needed to officially compete 3m at our meet against Wellesley College and Roger Williams University yesterday! The third dive I got was a back somersault off of 3m.
I also had an interview for an internship! I was really nervous because I think that there were other people applying as well. I applied to intern at Sweet Dessert Bar. The head chef and owner is super nice! And.....I got the internship! I will be working on dessert plating and cake decorating! Ah! I'm so excited! Now, I need to submit my application for a fifth course and internship proposal.
Lastly, I signed a lease for an apartment for senior year! It'll be me and four of my girlfriends, M, A, H and D! Our landlord is so nice. He told us that we could paint the apartment any color that we wanted! I'm thinking this pattern in a bright color! Maybe purple? or yellow? What are your thoughts?

Wednesday was a relatively low key day. I did some homework and had some classes. In my kitchen chemistry course, I'm currently writing a research paper on Celiac Disease. I'm really interested and hopefully I'll do well on the paper! I also had my voice studio. K and I were the only one's that showed up. That's okay because we got to discuss pieces for next semester and I had my lesson Wednesday afternoon instead of Thursday morning! After the lesson, I had to go see the Sports Medicine Fellow to look at my right knee and hip. They have been bothering me lately and although I don't think it's anything serious, the trainers wanted to have them looked at because of my surgeries in the past. The fellow said that she didn't think it was anything serious either, so I just have to do some therapy with the trainers! Thank goodness! Wednesday night I had my photo class. My professor finally liked some of my work. Its super difficult because she and I like very different types of photography.

Thursday morning my roommate J and I went out to Crystal Park and did some photo shoots in the fog. It was really fun and hopefully we got some great shots! Thursday Afternoon my friend L and I went to the WAM (Worcester Art Museum) and Holy Cross library to checkout some books for our art history research papers. I'm writing about Alex Katz and "Ada with Sunglasses." When I got back from the museum I had diving practice, where I got another new dive, Back Somersault 1/2 twist on 1m! Such a good day!

On Friday I went to class, cleaned the apartment and babysat! Pretty boring day! Oh! I did start watching Hart of Dixie. Does anyone watch it? I'm really enjoying it so far. I love Rachel Bilson, and there are lots of cute boys!

Today I competed 3m springboard diving for the first time, which was really exciting! I did really well and I got a new high score on 1m! I also didn't come in last on 1m for the first time! Yay! I think that everyone would have done better if the judges (Wellesley coach and RWU coach) were judging fairly. The RWU coach was diving the RWU divers higher scores than everyone else. It was super ridiculous, but it's alright, I was really happy with my performance. I just got back to Shrewsbury to continue babysitting and I'm really tired. But alas, I must go work on my art history paper while I wait for one of the kids to come home from Boston!


No comments:

Post a Comment